Skip to main content
Skip to main content.

Effective October 1st, 2021

Court offices will be open from 8 AM - 3 PM Monday through Friday


Pay Fines or Fees

Collections provides direct assistance in order to facilitate payment of delinquent fines and fees for Mariposa County Superior Court. Fines and fees may be related to Criminal, Traffic or Family Law matters.

Pay Now

Payment Instructions

PLEASE NOTE: If your case has been referred to the Franchise Tax Board, you must make payment arrangements with them. DO NOT MAKE A PAYMENT TO THE COURT. Click here to go to the Franchise Tax Board website.

Can't Afford to Pay?

If you cannot afford to pay the full amount of a fine for an infraction offense (including most traffic tickets), you may ask the court to reduce the amount you owe based on your ability to pay in setting the total amount due online or in-person at any point before your fines and fees are fully paid. 

The MyCitations online tool allows you to enter a plea and make an ability to pay request on eligible infractions. In addition to requesting a reduction, you can request a payment plan, more time to pay, or ask to complete community service in lieu of paying fines and fees.

Fines and fees owed from a misdemeanor or felony offense are not eligible to request a reduction.

Do not use the online tool if you want to:

1) Contest the citation

2) Attend traffic school

3) Get a dismissal or reduction of charges with proof of correction


Frequently Asked Questions

Mariposa County Superior Court operates a Comprehensive Collection Program pursuant to Penal Code Section 1463.007. The mission of Collections is to assist people who cannot pay their entire fine at the time of their hearing. Collections will interview the individual and arrange an installment payment plan for the majority of traffic, misdemeanor and felony cases, court-appointed attorney fees, and some Family Law and Probate filing or investigation fees ordered to be satisfied by the Court.

Payments are due on or before the date set by court collections. Failure to make your payment on time may result in a warrant being issued for your arrest. You may request a financial evaluation or modification of payments by contacting the Collections Division.

If you fail to make your payment on or before your due date, the full unpaid balance will become due immediately. You will be in default and a civil assessment of $300.00 may be added to your existing balance. Additionally, your Court ordered probation may be revoked, or a warrant may be issued for your arrest.

California Penal Code 1214.1 authorizes California courts to “impose a civil assessment of up to $300.00 against any defendant who fails, after notice and without good cause, to appear in court for any proceeding authorized by law or who fails to pay all or any portion of a fine ordered by the court or to pay an installment of bail as agreed to under Section 40510.5 of the Vehicle Code.”

The amounts set for fees, fines and assessments are not established by the Court. They are either set by the California legislature or by counties or municipalities through local ordinances. The Court simply processes the cases and collects the money, which is then distributed to various state, county and city entities.

If your case is in Court Collections, you have failed to pay your fines and fees. You may be allowed to appear before a Judge to dispute or explain any extenuating circumstances.

California law allows the Court to request the Franchise Tax Board to intercept funds owed by the State of California to defendants with delinquent accounts. Please contact the Franchise Tax Board at the number they provided for your payment options.

Making Payments

You should be receiving bi-monthly statements. If you have not received your statement, mail your payment to the address listed below. Please be sure to include your name and account number. You can make payment by personal check, cashier's check, money order, credit card, or cash. Cash payments should be made in person at the counter only.

Mariposa County Superior Court
PO Box 28
Mariposa, CA 95338

If you wish to make a credit card payment, click on the "Pay Now" button above. Please also refer to the "Payment Instructions" for more information.

Special Contact Information

You can contact the Collections Division by mail, telephone, or email. If you contact the Collections Division by mail or email, please be sure to include your name, date of birth and any case and/or account numbers you are inquiring about.

(209) 966-5711
(209) 742-6860 Fax

Was this helpful?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.